We Welcome New Patients!
Whether you’re looking to work with a holistic, biological dentist to address long-term health issues that may be related to your current dental situation, or looking to establish a new dental home for yourself or your family, we always welcome new patients!
If you want to discuss your dental health needs before scheduling, just give us a call. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have: 904-731-0777.
New Patient Experience
Every new patient begins with a comprehensive oral exam by Dr. Shields. She will review your dental issues and concerns, and what might be needed to get your oral-systemic health to the level you’d like it to be.
This comprehensive exam includes:
- A complete dental, health, and lifestyle history.
- Digital x-rays of your teeth and a 3D cone beam image of your teeth and supporting structures.
- Intraoral photos.
- A close screening of each tooth for baseline information, so we have a good map for reference at future visits.
- A thorough examination of the periodontal (gum) tissues and charting of pockets.
- A thorough head and neck exam, including TMJ evaluation.
- Evaluation of the occlusion (how your teeth come together).
- Oral cancer screening with Oral ID.
New Patient Forms
You can download the new patient packet here.
Please send us your completed forms at least 2 days before your first appointment. If that’s not possible, plan on arriving about 20 minutes early so you’ll have plenty of time to complete them before seeing Dr. Shields.
A Note on X-rays
We are required to have complete x-rays for every new patient we see.
Because we use only digital imaging, your radiation exposure will be as little as 10% of that you get with conventional film x-rays.
If you have had x-rays taken within the past 6 months and would like us to use them, you’ll need to make arrangements to have your previous dentist email them to us at least 7 days before your first appointment.
If we don’t have them on hand for your appointment, we will need to take new ones.
Missed Appointments & Late Cancellations
We do charge a fee for missed appointments or those canceled without sufficient notice.