Smiles by Shields believes that in order to help patients feel better they need to focus not only on improving their oral health but their overall health. In an effort to help patients better understand their whole body health, we offer Alfa Thermometry screening.
What is Alfa Thermometry Screening?
Alfa thermometry screening is a non-invasive body scan that provides a detailed understanding of your overall health. The scan provides clinicians and healthcare providers with real-time assessments that allow them to discover potential health problems that have yet to be diagnosed.
What Types of Problems can be Identified with Alfa Thermometry Screening?
Alfa Thermometry screening has been able to help in the early detection of over 40 different diseases and health problems. Some of the issues that have been identified with this whole-body screening include:
- Certain abnormalities, such as tumors or lumps, in the breast area
- Certain types of vascular diseases
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system
- Extracranial cerebral and facial vascular disease
- Certain abnormalities that occurred in the thyroid gland
- Inflammatory conditions
- Certain types of neoplastic conditions
This screening has been able to correctly identify physiological dysfunctions that have been caused by a number of common health problems. Some of the specific types of health problems that have been identified with this screening include cognitive disorders, viral diseases, heart diseases, and diabetes.
It is important to note that Alfa Thermometry screening cannot diagnosis health problems. However, it can give healthcare providers a better understanding of what additional testing should be ordered. Smiles by Shields will forward any screening results to your healthcare provider so they can follow-up with additional testing if needed.
Who Should Consider Getting an Alfa Thermometry Screening?
Anyone who is interested in getting a better understanding of their overall health should consider getting an alfa thermometry screening. Even people who believe they are 100% healthy could benefit from this screening as some health problems may not be producing symptoms.
Some specific people who should consider this type of screening include:
- People who have experienced a lot of dental issues as multiple dental issues could be a sign of an underlying health problem
- People who are undergoing current treatment for a health problem and want to monitor their treatment progress
- People who have been recently diagnosed with certain types of chronic illnesses
- Men who have been diagnosed with a prostate condition
- Pregnant women
- Nursing mothers
The reason why this type of screening is so important is it allows people to detect numerous problems early on. When health problems are detected in their early stages, it can speed up recovery time and help increase the efficiency of treatment.
What is Involved with Alfa Thermometry Screening?
Alfa thermometry screening is pain-free and completely safe. It involves using a small handheld device to take temperature readings from over 100 different points on your body. The temperature readings will allow the test administrator to obtain important data that can identify problems that are occurring throughout various parts of your body.
When first conducting the test, the administrator will take a “base” reading of the 100 different points on your body. This reading will then be compared to additional readings and used to determine if there may be a problem.
After the temperature of all 100 points has been taken, you will be exposed to either hot or cold air. Once the body is exposed to the new air, a new reading of the 100 points on the body will be taken. Depending upon how the temperature points react or behave, it could reveal that there is a problem with the underlying body part or organ.
What Type of Preparation Needs be Done Before Testing?
There is some minor preparation involved before Alfa Thermometry screening can be performed. The preparation that needs to be done includes:
- Wearing loose-fitting clothing
- Not engaging in any exercise for at least four hours before the testing
- Avoid taking any type of pain medication before the testing
- Stop all herbal remedies and supplements before testing. Taking prescription medication is okay.
- Do not smoke for at least two hours before testing
- Don’t take any hot showers an hour to two hours before the screening
- Avoid coffee, tea and soda that contains caffeine
- Avoid alcohol consumption
Interested in learning more about Alfa Thermometry screening? Call Smiles by Shields to schedule an appointment to learn more about this whole body health screening.