Your Jacksonville FL dentist takes dental health seriously, and that includes brushing your teeth using proper technique. Though we’ve all been told that brushing your teeth is important, how many know there’s a proper way to brush? Are you doing the following?
- Place the tips of the bristles at a 45-degree angle to your gumline.
- Use short, gentle strokes.
- Brush chewing surfaces straight on.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
- Make sure to reach every tooth by constantly moving your toothbrush.
- Replace your tooth brush every 8 weeks.
- Choose a brush with soft bristles so as not to irritate your gums.
While tooth brushing may seem elementary, there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Dr. Tiffany Shields hopes these tips help keep your smile happy, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.