Prevention is key for all wellness care, and this is particularly true for your oral health. Prevention is the key path for a lifetime of wellness and a beautiful smile! If we can keep your teeth clean, your soft tissues healthy, and your underlying bone structure sound, there’s no reason that your teeth can’t last your lifetime and help you enjoy good health for many years to come.
The keys to preventing periodontal disease and associated complications include:
- Brush twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Floss between teeth daily.
- Visit your dentist for twice-yearly professional cleanings. Visit more often if it’s recommended.
- Consider braces or invisalign to correct misalignment contributing to bacteria buildup.
- Quit smoking.
- Invest in proper nutrition. This pays dividends in every aspect of your health.
Dr. Shields will monitor your smile for changes with every examination, but we’re always happy to discuss your concerns as they arise between cleanings. Remember to prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease for your best smile that will last a lifetime!