When it comes to food and teeth, there is generally a lot of chatter about the negative impact of certain foods on your teeth. But what about the healthy food options? At your Jacksonville, Florida dentist office we want you to have the healthiest smile possible. That’s why we wanted to share some healthy food ideas to improve your oral health naturally.
- Apples, carrots, and celery. The crunch of these healthy snacks will get your saliva flowing and freshen your mouth.
- Cheese and milk. These snacks can be very filling while chasing away the acid that can cause enamel erosion.
- Raw onions. Raw onions can fight cavity and gum disease causing bacteria lurking in your mouth.
- Cashews. The oil found on the shell of the cashew is known to fight bacteria.
- Wasabi. This one may not be for everyone but this too will help bacteria from adhering to your teeth.
- Water. While water has countless benefits for your overall health, it is also an effective mouthwash. Rinsing with water can deter bacteria from sticking around your mouth.
Dr. Tiffany Shields enjoys sharing information that may help improve your dental health. Contact your Jacksonville, Florida dentist office to make an appointment today!