Foods that benefit your smile
At Smiles by Shields, we love to share good news! And we’re happy to report that oral health isn’t always about what to avoid but also what to enjoy! The following five foods are known to benefit your oral health:
- Milk: with its calcium content, milk is a great resource for building healthy teeth and bones.
- Cheese: cheese is another calcium-dense food that’s great for building strong teeth and bones, but it goes beyond milk by sticking closer to the tooth surface and contributing to remineralization.
- Apples: with the next runner-up celery, apples work to serve as a flossing stand-in.
- Oranges: oranges are full of vitamin C, which protects gum cells from bacterial infection.
- Cranberries:Cranberries interrupt the bonding of oral bacteria before they can form damaging plague.
So before you grab your next snack, think about these five foods and how they contribute to your oral health!