Your Jacksonville dentist takes dental health seriously, and that includes brushing those teeth. Though we’ve all been told that brushing your teeth is important, how many people actually do it the right way? Here are some tips from Delta Dental that we thought you may find helpful:
- Place the tips of the bristles at a 45-degree angle to your gumline.
- Use short, gentle strokes.
- Brush chewing surfaces straight on.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
- Make sure to reach every tooth by constantly moving your toothbrush.
- Use soft bristles as not to irritate your gums.
- Replace your tooth brush every couple of months or if the bristles appear worn.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride as an ingredient.
While tooth brushing may seem elementary, there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Dr. Tiffany Shields hopes these tips help keep your smile happy, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit.